I'm really, really.....really late on the Lorac Pro Palette bandwagon. I always talked myself out of getting it because I thought I had colors that were similar in my collection or I could find some for cheaper. As the months passed, I would casually walk past in in ULTA or Kohls and somehow it still managed to catch my eye. A few weeks ago, I broke down and bought it....so worth it.
I was mostly excited about the matte shades. I feel as if mattes compliment my eyes better than shimmers do (still love a good shimmer though). Since I have pretty noticeable chicken pox scarring below my brow bone (wait, I edit that that out, so.....you probably don't know haha) mattes seem to blur the appearance. I wanted to share my favorite look thus far, while working with the Pro Palette.
You can really only create a warm smoky eye with this palette. There aren't many cool shades (hence the Pro 2 Palette) in this set. I prefer warmer looks anyways and the shadows in this collection are fabulous.
- Taupe- Pick up a bit of this shade on your biggest fluffy brush and blend all over the lid and into the crease area.
- Espresso- This is going to be the base for your smokey eye. Pat all over the lower lid, avoiding the crease area.
- Sable- This is going to be your transition and blending shade. Take any fluffy brush and begin to diffuse the edges of the Espresso shade to ensure there are no harsh lines.
- Black- Apply a black liner to the top and bottom lash line. Use this shade to smudge the liner into the rich brown shades. To further intensify the look, blend the Black shade in the outer corner.
- Cream- Use this matte shade to highlight the brow bone and inner corner.
Who else loves a good matte smokey eye? :)