Ahh, it's that time of year again - when the red lips start to hit their peak. However, there really is a science to wearing a red lip. If you're lucky, you can get away with any shade of red, whether it be orange, blue, or even a true red. Of course, if you've never traveled into the intimidating world of a red lip, chances are you may not know where to start.
Today I'm sharing a few of my favorite red lip products to hopefully inspire you to venture out into another "tone" or simply start playing with sheer reds. Enjoy!
- Clinique Chubby Stick Intense "Mightiest Maraschino" : This colorful crayon comes in at my number one spot due to it's convenient application shape and true red color. I find myself reaching for this red the most since it is so easy to apply and the shade of red turns out to be fairly neutral. If you're comfortable with a bright red lip, this one is great to have. It makes lining the lips a breeze and the staying power is on point!
- Wet n' Wild "Cherry Frost" Satin Finish Lipstick : I never thought I would love this shade as much as I do! For only 99 cents, it's a total winner. Cherry Frost delivers the most intense and bright red lip you could ever ask for. It does contain shimmer, however, it isn't exactly detectable. This is the most budget friendly red lip you could possibly get! I can't say enough how gorgeous it really is!
- Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick "69" : Urban Decay went REALLY far out on a limb when naming these lipsticks, I about died when I read the entire name list! Anyways, this shade gives off more of a deep rich blue undertone. It's definitely a little more vampy and mysterious but the formula you can't beat! If you're more comfortable with a deeper and cool undertone, give this one a try.
- Tarte LipSurgence "Spirited" : Moving along the line into the sheer category, I would definitely recommend "Spirited" to someone who is still testing the waters with a red. The color definitely packs a punch, but in a more muted way than an actual lipstick would. It has an orangey undertone, which I normally prefer.
- Maybelline Baby Lips "Cherry Me": This would have to be my number one recommendation to the gals just venturing out into the red world. It has the sheerest of formulas and gives a subtle tint of red to the lips. I use this often to prep my lips for red lipstick since it does a great job of moisturizing! this was probably the first reason I ever wanted to get into red lipsticks. It eased me into the red family, and now I'm a total junkie!
Top Left: Clinique "Mightiest Maraschino"//Top Right:"Mightiest Maraschino"//Bottom Left: UD "69"//Bottom Right: Wet n Wild "Cherry Frost"
Are you ready to rock the red? I hope some of my favorites gave you some suggestions!
Thanks for reading!
Until next time...