This post was sponsored by Walgreens through their partnership with POPSUGAR Select. While I was compensated to write a post about Walgreens Beauty, all opinions are my own.”
It seems that there’s always a specific makeup look or trend hitting the runways each year. Bright cheeks, bold lips and bare skin are just a few trends seen on models in the past. However, one look always stands tried and true and that’s a clean face and eye combo with a bold lip.
Just because the New York Fashion Week models are seen in this kind of makeup trend, doesn’t mean you can’t rock it too! I love pairing a simple eye look with a strong lip color – I do it almost weekly. Since my local Walgreens is right around the corner, it’s easy to stop in and pick up new products for all of my makeup inspirations.
I love playing around with new products to create fun and inspiring looks like the one I’m sharing today! These are the products I used to create my makeup trend prediction for the upcoming New York Fashion Week:
1. To prep my skin for a healthy glow, I used Botanics All Bright Radiance Balm. It hydrates the skin while leaving your complexion with a natural hint of brightness.
2. After a sheer layer of foundation, I highlighted the highest points of my face with Botanics Highlighter Pen (in the shade “Fair”) for an instant lifting effect.
1. To keep the face fresh and clean, I only added a hint of blush and bronzer from the NO7 Perfectly Bronzed Mosaic Bronzer. The blush/bronzer combo has a natural rosy hue combined with a sheer sun kissed finish.
2. To keep the eyes on trend with a “bare” look, I applied Circa’s Color Saturated Eye Crayon in the shade “Sparkling Citrine”. It’s easy to apply and leaves your eyes with a soft champagne finish.
1. The rest of the eyes are all about lashes and brows! A good bold brow polishes up any makeup look. To lift and curl my lashes I used NO7 Lash Impact Mascara. It separated my lashes and is clump free!
2. The last step is my favorite part – lips! Choose any bold lip shade to compliment your fresh faced look. Here I used Circa’s Lustrous Shine Lip Polish in the shade “Satin Blush”.
Circa, Colour Prevails, NO7, and Botanics can all be found at your local Walgreens. What are your runway makeup trend predictions? Are they similar to mine or different? I’d love to know!