After spending a week in the Caribbean on a cruise, I quickly sought out a select few products that I could count on for a natural and long wearing beachy makeup look.
Now, I'm completely fine with not wearing a thing on my face while I'm at the beach (minus sunscreen) but these products performed so well that it was actually a treat to be able to wear makeup while still swimming and walking around in the hot sun all day!
1. Cerave Broad Spectrum SPF 30 Face Lotion - This was such a dream for me! I have super sensitive skin and have never found a face sunscreen that is as gentle as this one, yet still does the job! It's highly moisturizing (even for dry skin), doesn't leave a residue and doesn't have that wacky sunscreen scent! It's great!
2. NARS Pro-Prime Instant Line and Pore Perfector - This wasn't something I grabbed every day but it definitely made a difference in the appearance of my tinted moisturizer and the longevity. The Pro Prime stick is a really neat priming solid that immediately fills in pores and fine lines (no joke - test it out on your hand next time you're in Sephora). The reason I included this is because it's so travel friendly and takes no time to apply!
3. NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer - Talk about my baby for this trip! I used this for EVERYTHING, including my formal makeup for nights in the dining room. This is hands down the best tinted moisturizer I've ever used. It has great coverage, wonderful lasting power and truly hydrates the skin. This is a summer makeup must-have in my opinion - amazing!
4. MAC Select Moisture Cover Concealer - You can wear this concealer by itself for small cover ups or over your tinted moisturizer for those of you who want the extra coverage. I love Select Moisture Cover because of the convenient packaging and blendability of the product itself. It's super easy to blend into the skin and look so natural, yet still covers imperfections!
5. NARS Multiple "Na Pali Coast" - THE BEST quick beachy cheek color ever! Multiples give your cheeks a gorgeous glow with a hint of color. Plus they're easy to apply and blend effortlessly with your fingers!
6. Anastasia Perfect Brow Pencil - I'm not one to fill in my brows for the beach but there was one day I wanted to give this pencil the test while we were exploring an island. It held up great and since it's a regular pencil, it fills in the brows more natural than what the Brow Wiz or Dip Brow would!
7. Clinique Super Balm Moisturizing Gloss - The name says it all! The MOST hydrating and non-sticky glosses on the planet! You seriously have to try them to believe me. I have to say that this is one of my favorite gloss formulas ever (possibly my favorite if they had a larger shade selection) I can't rave enough about how long wearing and comfortable they are on the lips.
Wearing a small amount of NARS Tinted Moisturizer with Clinique Super Balm Gloss in "Ginger"