This post was sponsored by Sally Beauty through their partnership with POPSUGAR Select. While I was compensated to write a post about Sally Beauty, all opinions are my own.
Anyone else obsessed with neat nail art? I could watch Instagram videos all day of perfect nail designs. Unfortunately I'm not gifted in that department and I'm always looking for super simple ways to spice up my manicure!
I was recently in the market for some new spring polish colors and even though the expected "neons" and "brights" will more than likely be popping this season, I prefer to keep my nails neutral with a bit of pzazz. I found three new colors at Sally Beauty Supply on their awesome nail wall which holds over 750 colors!
1."Barefoot in Barcelona" is such a perfect every day shade. I live for shades of nude polish! 2. "Free From Fawn" is a gorgeous marsala burgundy and is made by FingerPaints which is exclusive to Sally Beauty! 3. "Swing Baby" is the most gorgeous neutral glitter polish. Perfect for layering and this ombre nail design!
Of course you can pick any shades that appeal to you for this design - these are just my preference! Now on to the tutorial:
- Paint all nails in "Barefoot in Barcelona", leaving one accent nail blank for another color.
- Paint accent nail in "Free From Fawn".
- Pour a small amount of "Swing Baby" onto an old plate or piece of paper and pick up the glitter polish with a makeup wedge or piece of sponge.
- Carefully place the polished sponge against the tip of your nail (almost like you're creating a french manicure tip) and roll back and forth. You should end up with a glittery tip.
- Use excess glitter and corner of sponge to drag and stamp the glitter half way down the nail.
- Apply a top coat and you're done!
It's as easy as that! I hope you all enjoyed this quick little tutorial and please let me know if you decide to try it out!