It's been a hot minute since I posted! Okay, maybe just a few days but that's still a long time for me. The reason being that I spent the past weekend with my family back home. I didn't have any backup posts to schedule (because I suck at being a pro blogger) and honestly just wanted a few days to kick back in slacker mode.
However, having those moments do occasionally bring new ideas to my mind. While I was away I thought about how much I liked watching "travel makeup" videos and a spark went off in my head: "Why don't I make a series of my travel makeup products each time I'm prepping to go out of town?"
BOOM! a new blog series was born. I generally never pack the same makeup items when I travel unless they're my holy grail products. I thought this would be a good idea to talk about why I'm trusting these products during my travel endeavors and the items in general. This particular travel bag was packed for a weekend travel to my parents house. Hope you enjoy!
- Beauty Blender: This is something I have strayed from for a while but my main reason for packing this was for the particular foundation I brought with me. I have to admit, I've missed the blender!
- Up & Up Foundation Brush: This brush came in an Up & Up set from Target (AKA my new favorite brush brand). It's great for multi-tasking but I mainly use it for blending concealer and setting my t-zone.
- Bare Minerals Tapered Fan Brush (limited edition): Again, I try to pack mult-task brushes and this particular brush is great for blush, bronzer, and highlighter!
- Sigma Brow Comb and Angled Brush: This is my favorite brow brush by far! The built in spooly makes brushing and filling brows a dream.
- Up & Up Powder Brush: I never leave my house without this brush now! I could probably do my entire face makeup with this brush if I had to. It's the perfect powder brush at an amazing price.
- Bare Minerals Purely Nourishing Combo Moisturizer: My skincare generally does stay the same when I travel. Most of my products are by Bare Minerals and I just so happen to have a lot of travel size skin care products by them. This is my favorite every day and even night time moisturizer. It doesn't take up much space and is just the right consistency.
- Bare Minerals Purifying Cleanser: Again, this is another travel size cleanser. The Purifying Cleanser is a great multi-purpose face wash. It takes your makeup off and cleanses the skin gently.
- Bare Minerals Renew & Hydrate Eye Cream: My every night skin care routine generally involves a lot of anti-aging products. However, if I know I'm only going to be a gone for a few days I revert back to my basic routine. This eye cream is basically just a hydrator for the under eye area.
- NYX Blush in "Terra Cotta": I have to admit, this is my new favorite blush by NYX. The color initially looks like a golden brown color (almost like a bronzer) but once applied, it gives your cheeks the most gorgeous golden glow and warm blushing undertone. I've been loving it, plus the sizes of these blushes are very travel friendly.
- Sigma Brow Wax: This honestly wasn't a necessity and I don't even think I used it but I packed it just in case I wanted my brows to have an extra long wear.
- NYX Control Freak Brow Gel: I can't leave the house without wearing this stuff now. It's a great inexpensive brow gel that holds your brows all day!
- Sigma Brow Powder Duo (Light): I packed my brow powder because I generally tend to wear minimal makeup while I'm at home. This Sigma brow powder is great for travel and gets the job done.
- Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer: This is something new I've been testing out. It hasn't "wowed" me yet but it seems to really brighten up the face.
- Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation: I try to pack a universal foundation shade when I travel. Since I'm self tanning for the summer, one day I might be pretty tan and then the next day I might be back to my normal color. This particular shade of the Healthy Mix Foundation (light beige) seems to match well either way.
- Anastasia Contour Kit: This has been my traveling buddy for the past month. I don't have to pack bronzer, powder, or highlighter thanks to this kit! Loving it!
- Marc Jacbos Lash Lifter Mascara: Traveling is when I put all of my small size mascaras to use. I've really been liking this Marc Jacobs one. It has a very interesting texture (almost like a tacky gel) and doesn't irritate my eyes!
- Urban Decay Makeup Setting Spray: This is a no brainer! Makes my makeup last all day, look natural, and refreshes my face!
- MAC Teddy Eye Khol: I generally always pack a brown liner. Teddy by MAC has been my favorite lately.
- NYX Butter Gloss in "Angel Food Cake": Butter Glosses are pretty much my favorite glosses of all time. Angel Food Cake is that perfect neutral shade that gives your lips a pretty hint of mauve pink. It matches anything.
- NYX Matte Lipstick in "Whipped Caviar": Ever since my Kylie Jenner lip look, I haven't been able to put this shade down. Loving it!
I hope this post wasn't too long and gave ya'll some travel ideas or new makeup suggestions! Let me know if you're a fan of this series and I'll definitely keep it up!