I'm a little late on these "reflective" 2013 posts. The overwhelming amount of cleaning and travel has really been my main focus lately! With that being said, I can honestly say that 2013 possessed a lot of amazing opportunities for me and my blog! Sometimes my schedule gets so busy that I don't even take the time to sit back and take in achievements, whether they're big or small. Today I want to look back on some of my favorite blog related moments!
- Teen Vogue Feature - This has to be my top moment of 2013. I still can't believe I was given a feature on Teen Vogue's beauty section for a "Great Gatsby" inspired look I did! I was in complete shock and couldn't be more thankful!
- Aeropostale VIP Fashion Blogger - I was completely blown away when I was contacted by Aeropostale to become a fashion representative for their brand new line! It has been the experience of a lifetime and such an amazing opportunity to work with a fabulous company. I think this just goes to show, you never know who's watching you!
- Reached 6,000 YouTube Subscribers - I consider my channel and blog to be linked in similar ways so I wanted to give it a shout out in this post. I started my channel over a year ago (I'm so bad with dates) and still can't believe how many amazing comments, messages, and emails I get daily from amazing people like you who support me by watching and reading my content. It's the best feeling!
- Personal Record Re-Pin - I started a "dupe" series this year on the blog which, little did I know, would become so popular. One of my posts was over Physician's Formula and ELF Blush Dupes which gained an insane amount of repins on Pinterest (well for me at least)
- Lenny & Eva Photo Shoot - I was contacted by the amazing Kelly Fitzpatrick of Lenny & Eva jewelry a couple months ago to do makeup for the 2014 catalog models. It was such a fun experience to actually do makeup on location for such an awesome company. The models were so sweet and had awesome stories to share (complete with a story about meeting Leonardo Dicaprio?!) I've done makeup for hundreds of people and events but for some reason, this experience was extra awesome!
A big thanks to everyone who reads and supports me in every post! Whether you've simply visited my blog once, or comment daily, I appreciate you all very much! These were just a few highlighting moments from 2013. I hope to continue on this journey and can't wait to see what 2014 has to offer!
Until next time...