Hello everyone! I hope your weekend was well.
I've received requests on my channel to do a "5 minute makeup look" for back to school or those days when you're in a rush. I haven't had time to film lately so I thought I'd throw a quick post out there for ya over a simple makeup look I would do on a rushed day. Look forward to a video coming soon!
- Foundation: On a typical school day, I would reach for my Bare Minerals READY Foundation. Reason being, the compact is a little more convenient in terms of packing it in my purse as well as application, it's a smidge quicker to apply than the Original!
- Blush/Bronzer: To give my skin a little bit of color, I normally reach for a blush/bronzing duo so I'm not searching all over my makeup stash for a matching blush to go with whatever I'm wearing. Most blush/bronzer duos contain neutral blushes, plus, you have your bronzer right at hand as well.
- Eye Liner: I'm not normally a stickler for eye liner on rushed days, but I know some women who wont leave the house without it! If I feel as though I need some liner, I normally go for the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On pencils. They're so easy to work with and stay on all day. I also just line my top tight line to give the illusion of a thicker lash bed ;)
- Eye Shadow: Any cream eye shadow is my best friend! I especially love the Maybelline Color Tattoos (Bad to the Bronze and Bold Gold are my favs) They stay on so well and give your eyes that nice pop of color. I generally place the most product on my lower lid and slightly blend into my crease. This almost looks as if you have a lid color AND a crease color on!
- Mascara: MASCARA IS A MUST! Well, for me at least. If I leave the house without mascara on, you know there's a serious problem. I try to keep the coats on the lighter hand as well, just so I don't have to wait for it to dry!
- Tinted Lip Balm: Ditch the lipstick and gloss. I always pocket up my favorite lip balm to keep on hand. Not only to have NOT have to worry about reapplying constantly, but lip balms also have that nice comfortable feeling on the lips with just a hint of color. I'm loving the ELF Conditioning Lip Balms (which I actually duped in this post)
Once the semester is back in, the last thing I want to do before class is my makeup. I'll be honest, I normally don't even do my makeup (lazy I know) But on those days when I'm feeling extra adventurous, these are some products I reach for ;)
Hope you enjoyed! Look out for my tutorial coming soon!
Until next time...