Ipsy has arrived! Keep reading for my thoughts, more photos, and details on this month's bag!
Pixi Flawless & Poreless Primer
- Ipsy is definitely good on providing face primers. This is the second one I have received since being subscribed! However, I'm not complaining! This Pixi face primer isn't like most I've seen. It has a bit of a tint to it (almost like a tinted moisturizer) and doesn't feel as "velvety" as some gel primers. I like that the size isn't too small, very ideal for your purse or travel makeup bag.
Coastal Scents Eye Shadow Quad
- Eye shadows are always a great makeup product to receive. This Coastal Scents quad called "In the Spotlight" contains a matte buttery yellow, bright yellow gold, dark tortoise green, and a duo chrome pewter shade. The eye shadows remind me of Bare Minerals 4.0 quad in "The Soundtrack". Although the colors are pretty pigmented, they just aren't what I would use on a daily basis, maybe if I were feeling adventurous. I would have loved to see more wearable colors but I'm sure I'll put it to good use somehow.
"Pop Beauty" Mascara
- I'm going to cut to the chase on this product. TOTAL LET DOWN. Not only was the mascara dry when I used it, but the want was a basic "tester" wand you would find in any cheap mascara. It barely coated my lashes. I was not impressed.
"Mica Beauty" Cosmetics Gel Eye Liner
- I had never heard of Mica Beauty before receiving this product. The gel liner was a full size and seemed to be pretty pigmented and smooth. I'm not a huge fan of eye liner (especially black). However, anytime I decide to do a "cat-eye" I always reach for a gel liner. This will be great to have on hand.
"Lash Card" Mascara Shields
- Okay, I'll admit, these are pretty niffty. But, let's be real.....would you really use these? I understand if you're a beginner or have tiny lashes and always seem to end up with mascara on your lids, these would come in hand. It was just a little bit of a downer for me!
- This month's bag was definitely not my favorite. I felt like a couple of the products were repetitive or not something I would use frequently.
- I did appreciate the full size gel liner and eye shadows (even though they weren't everyday wearable.)
- My biggest let down was the dry/basic mascara!
- All in all....looking forward to better products next month!
Thanks for reading guys!
If you're interested in becoming a member or "Ipsy", please visit www.ipsy.com
Like I have mentioned in many posts before, Ipsy almost always pleases me! So check it out!